… Because you love the buzz of school life and the potential to make an impact on the lives of children and youth
… Because you are enthusiastic, creative, and collaborative
... Because you are unapologetically passionate about supporting others in their personal and professional growth
If one of these answers describes you and why you teach, then you may be a good fit to join our team at BIS.
We look for individuals who are motivated to work in a constantly developing and dynamic school. Our 160-person team values collaboration, open-mindedness and enthusiasm. We seek other team players who share our energy, passion, curiosity and sense of humor.
BIS teachers and administrative staff are a healthy mix of experienced colleagues and those bringing new impulses to the workplace. If you are looking for a supportive, well-resourced environment in which to grow professionally and yet enjoy all that life on the banks of the Rhine River and close to many European borders has to offer, please get in touch.
The mission of Bonn International School is to empower and inspire students to achieve their full individual potential and become responsible global citizens. We provide an innovative, internationally-recognized education within a compassionate multicultural community.
BIS is a learning community that empowers and inspires excellence in all that we do.
Our core beliefs
- Every person has intrinsic worth and unique potential.
- Integrity and mutual respect are essential for building trust in any relationship.
- Inspiration, enthusiasm and perseverance are necessary for achieving one’s best.
- Learning is a partnership amongst families, students, educators and society.
- Diversity opens minds, widens horizons and enriches lives.
- Life-long learning is essential for individuals to thrive in a changing world.
- Leadership, teamwork, co-operation and respect are essential for any organization to excel.
- People are responsible for, and learn from, their choices and actions.
- We all have a responsibility to support and contribute to the well-being of others.
- The courage to embrace change provides opportunities to improve.
Safeguarding and Child Protection
We promote, value and respect the right of every child to feel safe and secure. All members of our community are expected to exercise vigilant duty of care in cases of concern. Our school not only educates our staff in how to react when they hear of or suspect an incident, we also empower both our students and our staff about their rights and responsibilities with regards to child protection.
The BIS Child Protection Policy as well as specific response procedures and pathways has been developed in accordance with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC, 1989), of which Germany is a signatory. As an international school, BIS is also committed and obliged to meet the German national requirements in developing and implementing its child protection policy. Staff training on child protection awareness and procedures occurs on an annual basis. Our Child Protection Team consists of officers trained to deal with reported cases of safety breaches.
BIS undertakes a rigorous security and vetting process for all our employees. For local staff, this includes an extended security check from the German authorities. For faculty joining BIS from other posts, this includes an extended police check from the last country of residence. It is school policy to actively seek confidential references for all new employees.