Co-Curricular Sports complement our curriculum by helping student-athletes to learn the important values of commitment, teamwork and sportsmanship while having fun and developing healthy life habits. Our school believes in offering diverse sporting opportunities that encourage students to join in, challenge themselves and develop their potential. CC Sports greatly supports our holistic approach to education and in the academic, physical, emotional and social growth of our student-athletes.
- BIS Co-Curricular Sports offers recreational and competitive options for all students.
- BIS Co-Curricular Sports includes 22 school teams in Grades 5 – 12, who compete with International Schools across Europe in 3 sports seasons.
- It also includes seasonal recreational sports training.
- Younger students join year-round basketball, football, running and swimming through BISSV, our school local sports association.
- For competitive sports, BIS is a member of the Northwest European Council of International Schools (NECIS). This organization brings 11 international schools together for sporting activities from the Under 12 (U12) group to varsity level.
- BIS is also a member of International School Athletics Association (ISAA) for Fall Varsity Girls Soccer.
- Grade and age eligibility for BIS CC Sports teams is determined by the policies of the two sporting organizations (NECIS and ISAA) in which BIS is a member and according to our school policy.