The mission of the BIS Library Media Centre is
to promote a love of reading,
to inspire lifelong learning, and
to develop the abilities to effectively locate, evaluate and use information.
The Heart of School Life
The BIS Media Centre is the school’s academic hub, providing resources for a diversity of learning needs and styles. We maintain a dynamic, internationally-minded, relevant collection of books and various multi-media sources. Our two highly-qualified teacher librarians collaborate regularly with classroom teachers to support learning and integrate information skills into.
More than Just Books
In addition to over 35,000 books, our collection includes:
- Scholarly databases for all grade levels
- Periodical publications for Primary and Secondary students and teachers as well as parents
- Audiobooks in a variety of formats
- A DVD library that supports classroom learning and is available for weekend checkout by families
- A tool library for tuning up your bicycle or finishing those DIY projects
- A game library … just for the fun of it!
Every Day is Library Day
The Media Centre is open all school days from 8:00–16:00. Students visit the Media Centre for collaboratively-planned lessons with their teachers and are encouraged to visit any time they need new books for information or pleasure reading.
It’s your library. How can we help you? Contact us if you are looking for specific resources or have suggestions for improvement.