At Bonn International School, we inspire excellence in each student's learning and each faculty member's teaching journey. Our students receive an academically and personally rigorous education challenging them to define and achieve their personal best. To do this, our well-resourced learning environment supports and is responsive to a wide range of individual needs and backgrounds. We understand that meeting the unique needs of all students is paramount to effective learning.
To ensure that our students develop the cognitive processing and real-life skill sets needed in our rapidly-changing world, BIS implements the educational framework of the the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB). The relevance and rigour of the IB programmes reflects educational best practice drawn from schools around the glboe and the endorsement of the world's best educators and institutions.
As an IB World School, BIS proudly offers the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). Each of these three IB programmes are unique yet share common features. These include:
- a quest to inspire learning throughout life marked by enthusiasm and empathy
- academic achievement across a broad and balanced range of knowledge disciplines, including languages, humanities, science and technology, mathematics, and the arts
- development of an open-minded, intercultural mindset
- emphasis on transdisciplinary learning and across disciplines
- focus on educating well-rounded individuals with character, who respond to challenge with optimism and resilience
- platforms for individual and collaborative research and project planning
- a community service component requiring action and reflection
Every stage of learning is equally important at BIS, from Early Learning to the IB Diploma years. Learning embraces both explicit instruction and student-centred approaches. We aspire to a lifetime love of learning and the ongoing development of the head, hear and hand of each of our students.