Admissions Process and Criteria
During the application process, we will ask you for information to help us to place your child in the appropriate grade level and make subjects choices when needed.
A few things to know:
- All application documentation is completed via an online platform called OpenApply.
- BIS accepts children throughout the course of the school year. There is no application deadline.
- Admission is subject to the availability of places in a specific grade level. Some of our grade levels are full.
- The 2022 - 2023 school year for new students begins on Monday, 22 August 2022 and ends on Wednesday, 28 June 2023.
- School Calendar Dates 2022-2023.
- School Calendar Dates 2023-2024.
What you need for your application
When completing the online admission process, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- a copy of your child’s passport
- your child’s immunization record against measles
- a confidential recommendation from your child's current school (required for applications made for Grades 1-12)
- two years of previous school reports
A full application with all of these documents is to be completed by parents/guardians on the BIS OpenApply site before a review of the student application takes place.
You may have questions when coming from another country or school system, or when your child has language or specific learning needs. The information below is used by our school when evaluating grade level placement or the need for support services.