Admissions Process and Criteria
During the application process, we will ask you for information to help us to place your child in the appropriate grade level and make subjects choices when needed.
A few things to know:
- Apply via our online platform called OpenApply, where you submit all of your details and upload all documents.
- BIS accepts children throughout the course of the school year. There is no application deadline.
- Admission is subject to the availability of places in a specific grade level. Some of our grade levels are full.
- The 2023 - 2024 school year for new students begins on Monday, 21 August 2023 and ends on Thursday, 27 June 2024.
*Please rest assured that pressing the button just begins the application process.
Only once we accept your application and offer your child a place are you committed to the contract.
What you need for your application
When completing the online admission process, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- a copy of your child’s passport
- your child’s immunization record against measles
- a confidential recommendation from your child's current school (required for applications made for Grades 1-12)
- two years of previous school reports
A full application with all of these documents is to be completed by parents/guardians on the BIS OpenApply site before a review of the student application takes place.
You may have questions when coming from another country or school system, or when your child has language or specific learning needs. The information below is used by our school when evaluating grade level placement or the need for support services.
Our Frequently Asked Questions page addresses some of the main topics for many families.