Clone of Approach to Learning
At Bonn International School we inspire excellence in each student's learning and each faculty member's teaching journey. Our students receive an academically rigorous education and we challenge each to achieve her or his personal best. Our well-resourced learning environment supports and is responsive to a wide range of individual needs and backgrounds.
To ensure our students develop the cognitive processing and real-life skill sets needed in a rapidly-changing world, BIS implements the educational framework of the the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB). The relevance and rigour of the IB programmes reflects educational best practice and the endorsement of the world's best educators and institutions.
As an IB World School, BIS is fully authorized to provide the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). Each of the three IB programmes are unique yet share common features. These include:
- academic achievement across a broad and balanced range of knowledge disciplines, including languages, humanities, science and technology, mathematics, and the arts
- growth of intercultural mindsets and educational cultures across the world
- importance of additional language acquisition and development
- emphasis on transdisciplinary learning
- focus on the development of skills for learning, which culminate in study of the Theory of Knowledge in the Diploma Programme
- platforms for individual and collaborative research and project planning
- a community service component requiring action and reflection