The above documents outline all the activities available to both adults and children offered by the Bonn International School Sportverein.
BISSV Activities for students (BIS & Non-BIS Students)
Girls only (Grade 2-4), practice once a week, no league games.
Bambini (year of birth 2013 - 2014), practice twice a week, no league games.
F-Jugend (year of birth 2011 - 2012)
E-Jugend (year of birth 2009 - 2010)
• Practice twice a week.
• Games played most weekends (usually Saturday morning or early afternoon).
• Compete as part of the Football Association (FVM) Fußballverband Mittelrhein: Kreis Bonn. All players are required to have an official player pass and BISSV supports players in the application process.
• Equipment required: shin guards, football boots and rain wear.
Open to students in Grades 1–4.
Train twice a week.
Eligible to compete in competitions as part of the association Leichtathletikverband Nordrhein. BISSV will assist runners with the official registration process required to compete locally.
• Open to students in Grades 1-12 and adult members.
• BISSV swim in cooperation with the Schwimm- und Sportfreunde Bonn (SSF).
• Weekly, all year long training sessions of 45 minutes on Sundays take place at Sport Park Nord. Times are dependent on level (Bronze/Silver/Gold), experience and range from beginning swimmers to advanced level
• Opportunity to swim in local swimming league
• At certain times throughout the year we also offer 12 weeks swimming courses for non-swimmers of 45 minutes per session. Once students have taken these courses and can swim proficiently they may sign up for the weekly year long training sessions dependent on availability.
Badminton for students
Open to students in Grades 5–12.
Practice once a week in the Sports hall.
Opportunity to participate in tournaments, competitions and friendlies with local clubs.
Basketball (U10 girls & boys)
Open to students in Grades 1–4.
Practice once for boys and girls twice a week in the Sports hall, no league games.
Opportunity to participate in friendly games and tournaments.
BISSV Activities for adults (BIS Parents and externals)
Recreational Badminton, Basketball, Indoor Football for adults plus Yoga and Mixed-Power Fitness with qualified instructors
• Open to adult members (BIS and non BIS parents/adults).
• Recreational sessions for each sport (Monday Football, Tuesday Badminton and Thursday Basketball) take place one evening per week in the BIS Sports Hall.
• The opportunity to participate in all recreational activities at BIS is included in the basic Adult Membership fee of € 100 per year (except Yoga and Mixed-Power-Fitness).
• One evening and one morning session for Yoga and Mixed-Power-Fitness will be offered per week (additional fees for the qualified instructors will apply).
NEW: Mixed-Power-Fitness & Yoga
Yoga on Mondays, 16:00-17:00 and Wednesdays 09:00-10:00
Mixed Power Fitness on Wednesdays, 19:00-20:00
Activities at Mixed Power Fitness:
Training: using different types of fitness Functional equipment
H I T: high intensity training
TABATTA: high intensity interval training
STRONG by Zumba: high intensity full body training without equipment
AK Fitness: the Irish way to do fitness
FUN: for men and women
Registration Information for students and adults
To sign-up for BISSV please go the the EC & BISSV Sign-up page.
To help you sign up, please refer to the The EC & BISSV Sign-up Guide on how to sign-up for activities.
You can sign-up at anytime to join BISSV.
If you are not part of the BIS Community but wish to join some of our activities, please apply for you credentials.