Teaching posts at Bonn International School require a recognized teacher’s qualification. Two years’ or more experience is desirable, as is experience with International Baccalaureate Programmes. Initial contracts are usually given for a period of two years.
All faculty speak English with mother-tongue proficiency. A strong commitment to the school’s mission and vision as well as to the ideals espoused through the International Baccalaureate curricula are essential. Experience of working in an international school would be an advantage.
We list open positions as they become known; these change with time. If you are interested in applying to BIS as a faculty member, please check this page on a regular basis.
Lead and conduct the BIS Band as an after school activity for Grade 6 - 12 students
- Conduct performances for Winter and Spring Concerts, Graduation, Creative Waves Festival, various other events as needed
- One afternoon a week from 15:45 - 17:15 (Tuesdays or Wednesdays)
- Mini-Job at €200 at month for 10 Months (September 2021 - June 2022)
- More information can be found here.
- Applications should be sent to Christine Driesdow in the BIS Human Resources Office
Qualified Cover Teachers
Cover teachers substitute teachers during professional development, illness or personal reasons.
- Recognized teaching qualification.
- Work experience with Primary and/or Secondary School students is essential.
- Flexible work on demand (ad-hoc).
- German residency and work permit.
- Minijob (€ 450 per month), paid on half or full days per timesheet.
The administrative staff at BIS is 39 people strong and supports the school community in many ways, from accounting to zebra crossings. At this time, we do not have any vacancies for permanent positions. However, we are accepting application for helpers (age 16+) for work in our Facilities Office and as needed in other sections of the school over summer break. Interested candidates should send their name, availability and contact information to email@example.com.
- Qualified and experienced nurse
- Work on "on call" basis to cover absenteeism
Apply for a Position
If you wish to apply for a position at Bonn International School, or have any question with regards to the positions listed above, please contact our Human Resource Office via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49 (228) 308 54 220.
We ask all applicants to submit:
• a letter of motivation
• copy of teaching qualification (if applicable)
• three to five references (one of whom should be a current manager/principal)
All applicants should receive confirmation of their application and will be provided further contact information should they be short-listed for the open position. Arrangements for in-person interviews will be made via email in a timely manner. Due to the large number of applications we receive for most positions, it is not possible for us to send each candidate an individual letter of non-acceptance.
BIS complies with the letter and spirit of European data protection law. Information on what data we need to process your application and how we handle this data can be found here in English and here in German.