Teaching posts at Bonn International School require a recognized teacher’s qualification. Two years’ or more experience is desirable, as is experience with International Baccalaureate Programmes. Initial contracts are usually given for a period of two years.
All faculty speak English with mother-tongue proficiency. A strong commitment to the school’s mission and vision as well as to the ideals espoused through the International Baccalaureate curricula are essential. Experience of working in an international school would be an advantage.
We list open positions as they become known; these change with time. If you are interested in applying to BIS as a faculty member, please check this page on a regular basis.
ICT Technician and Trainer (see job advertisement here)
- Transfer of ICT skills and knowledge to BIS Faculty/Staff
- iPad Management
- General ICT helpdesk tasks
- Data Analysis
Qualifications: JamF certification for iOS required (CCT or better), tertiary Apple Support Professional and iPad Technical Training highly recommended
Interested candidates should send their CV, letter of motivation, copy of residence or work permit and an extended police check to email@example.com. This position is open to start immediately.
Primary Sports Hall Supervisor (Afterschool Care)
Responsible for Primary Age Students between the end of school and the start of CC Activities/ Emergency Primary student supervision. Support our Co-Curricular Team in performing basic administrative tasks.
- Working hours Monday – Thursday 15:15 – 16:15 - Sports Hall Supervision. Working in total 20 hours/mth with Flexible working hours outside of the hours listed abov
- Salary placement: 200€ Euro Mini Job for 20 hours/month
- Possibility to earn up to 450€/month with supplementary cover TA / teaching when required
Qualifications: Experience working with groups of primary age children. Coaching qualifications desirable. High level organisational skills, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure. Experience working in an international environment desired. Fluent in English both orally and in written form. Fluency in German preferred. First Aid Certification.
Interested candidates should send their CV, letter of motivation, copy of residence or work permit and an extended police check to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about this position may be directed to email@example.com.
Qualified Cover Teachers
Cover teachers substitute teachers during professional development, illness or personal reasons.
- Recognized teaching qualification.
- Work experience with Primary and/or Secondary School students is essential.
- Flexible work on demand (ad-hoc).
- German residency and work permit.
- Mini-Job (€ 450 per month), paid on half or full days per timesheet.
The administrative staff at BIS is 39 people strong and supports the school community in many ways, from accounting to zebra crossings. At this time, we have one open position.
- Qualified and experienced nurse
- Work on "on call" basis to cover absenteeism
Apply for a Position
If you wish to apply for a position at Bonn International School, or have any question with regards to the positions listed above, please contact our Human Resource Office via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49 (228) 308 54 220.
We ask all applicants to submit:
• a letter of motivation
• copy of teaching qualification (if applicable)
• three to five references (one of whom should be a current manager/principal)
All applicants should receive confirmation of their application and will be provided further contact information should they be short-listed for the open position. Arrangements for in-person interviews will be made via email in a timely manner. Due to the large number of applications we receive for most positions, it is not possible for us to send each candidate an individual letter of non-acceptance.
BIS complies with the letter and spirit of European data protection law. Information on what data we need to process your application and how we handle this data can be found here in English and here in German.