The mission of Bonn International School is to empower and inspire students to achieve their full individual potential and become responsible global citizens.
We provide an innovative, internationally-recognized education within a compassionate multicultural community.
With so many good schools in Bonn, we are often asked “Why BIS?”. Our answer:
- BIS is the most established and experienced International Baccalaureate school in the Cologne-Bonn area.
- Our curriculum empowers and inspires each student to achieve individual excellence through an academically challenging education.
- We offer a full package of exceptional technology, wide range of after-school activities and sports and a beautiful river-side campus.
- We place great emphasis on student well-being and belonging, believing they are integral to academic success.
- Each student develops the mindset of a global citizen and the competencies to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
- We celebrate and profit from the diversity of the 80 nations represented in our student community.
BIS graduates confirm these strengths by attending top universities around the world.
- Our Class of 2020 achieved outstanding International Baccalaureate Diploma results of 35 out of 45 average points, the highest ever for a BIS graduating class and far above the world average of 29.
- 96% of the Class of 2020 sitting IB Diploma exams passed, compared to the world average of 79%.
- As of August 2020, 68% of this class had admission to their first-choice university, with 13% awaiting confirmation. The top five country destinations: United Kingdom (47%), Germany (15%), the Netherlands (14%), USA (11%) and the Republic of Ireland (4%).