The mission of Bonn International School is to empower and inspire students to achieve their full individual potential and become responsible global citizens.
We provide an innovative, internationally-recognized education within a compassionate multicultural community.
With so many good schools in Bonn, we are often asked “Why BIS?”. Our answer:
- BIS is the most established and experienced International Baccalaureate school in the Cologne-Bonn area.
- Our curriculum empowers and inspires each student to achieve individual excellence and connects classroom learning to real life, making it relevant and powerful.
- Our campus gives students the spaces, resources and technology they need to succeed.
- We place great emphasis on student well-being and belonging, believing they are integral to academic success.
- Focus on well-being, agility and resilience lay at the core of student success.
- Our 80-country strong diversity inspires an appreciation for different perspectives, cultures, and approaches to life and learning.
BIS graduates confirm these strengths by attending top universities around the world.
- Our Class of 2021 achieved outstanding International Baccalaureate Diploma results of 37 out of 45 average points, the highest ever for a BIS graduating class and significantly above the world average of 33.
- 97% of the Class of 2021 sitting IB Diploma exams passed, compared to the world average of ca. 80%.