Our Leadership Team is carefully monitoring COVID developments and applicable school regulations. Our utmost priority is the physical and emotional health of our students, staff and the broader community. Following the guidelines set by city and state educational authorities, BIS will return to school while minimizing risk of student and staff exposure to the greatest extent possible.
School Resumes: Students will return to campus on Tuesday, 25 August. Orientation for new students will take place on Monday, 24 August. Staff preparation for the new school year begins the week of Monday, 17 August. Consult our updated school calendar for all 2020-2021 dates.
Summer Hours: Our campus is open for visits from prospective parents who have registered in advance of visiting. School administrators are on campus and available Monday - Friday 8:00 - 16:00. To arrange for your visit, please contact our Admissions Office.
Parent and Staff Information: Information detailing the specifics of school resumption in each section of the school can be found in the community login section of the website.
Under normal circumstances, BIS gladly welcomes visitors to campus. Given current circumstances and in line with regulations set by German authorities, visitors must **:
- Seek approval for their visit in advance of arriving on campus.
- Enter school campus via the Waves building, Martin-Luther-King-Str. 14.
- Sign in at Reception so that we may maintain a record of all persons on campus.
- Arrive wearing a mask.
- Sanitize hands upon entry.
- Comply with social distancing requirements.
** Please note adjustments may be made to these procedures throughout the year as mandated by public health authorities.
- City of Bonn (English): COVID Updates
- State of NRW Ministry for Education (German): COVID and Schools
- German Federal Ministry for Health (German): Frequently Asked Questions
- Robert Koch Institute: Daily Updates for Germany and the World in English and German
- World Health Organization (English): Corona Virus Information and Advice