Our school has an array of protocols in place to minimize the risk of student and staff exposure to COVID-19, from staggered entry times and compulsory masks to designated lunch seating and one-way hallways. At the same time, our goal is to imbue our students with the same sense of purpose, security and fun they know from BIS and which so often infuses their learning. In many ways, this year's "new normal" looks much like last year's school day:
- Classes run on a regular timetable and with full course offerings.
- Our cafeteria provides hot lunches and light fare before school.
- After school care until 18:00 is available every school day.
Our Leadership Team continues to carefully monitor COVID-19 developments and applicable school regulations and adjusts our programmes as needed. For now, we are just very happy to be on campus and learning together.
Parent and Staff Information: Information detailing the specifics of school resumption in each section of the school can be found in the community login section of the website.
Families Joining BIS During the Course of the Year
If a family arrives in Germany from a country stated on the Robert Koch Institute list of high-risk countries, a quarantine period is necessary as outlined by the State of North-Rhein Westphalia. Alternatively, a COVID test can be taken upon entry to the country. The result of this test must be sent to the BIS Admissions Office and School Nurse. A student can start school immediately if the test is negative.
Virtual Information Sessions
Curious to learn more about our school? Join us for BIS Live! This series of online information sessions designed to provide in-depth insight into our educational programmes and the philosophy behind them. Interested families may join us for as many sessions as they like, from anywhere they choose.
For a listing of BIS Live! topics and dates, consult our Meet & Experience page.
On Campus Visit
We still gladly welcome visitors to campus. However, given current circumstances and in line with regulations set by German authorities, visitors need to adhere to current state regulations:
- Obtain approval for their visit in advance of arriving on campus.
- Enter school campus via the Waves building, Martin-Luther-King-Str. 14.
- Sign in at Reception so that we may maintain a record of all persons on campus. Records wil be stored for four weeks.
- Enter wearing a mask and keep the mask on for the duration of your visit.
- Sanitize hands upon entry.
- Comply with social distancing requirements.
** Please note adjustments may be made to these procedures throughout the year as mandated by public health authorities.
- City of Bonn (English): COVID Updates
- State of NRW Ministry for Education (German): COVID and Schools
- German Federal Ministry for Health (German): Frequently Asked Questions
- Robert Koch Institute: Daily Updates for Germany and the World in English and German
- World Health Organization (English): Corona Virus Information and Advice