News Update 27 July 2021:
BIS students and teachers are now on summer break, enjoying a well-earned vacation. Our administrative offices remain open over the summer, answering admissions-related questions and preparing our facilities and back office for the 2021-2022 school year.
BIS follows rules issued by the state of North Rhine Westphalia's Ministry of Education. The Ministry has provided the following instructions for the school year starting in August 2021:
- All students will be in school and participate in face-to-face classes.
- Classes will be held in full in all subjects according to a normal timetable.
- Medical masks are to be worn in all indoor spaces by all students starting in Grade 1. Masks are not required outdoors.
- Early Learning students do not have to wear masks indoors.
- Students and staff will be tested twice a week unless they present proof of a complete vaccination protection. PCR-based lollipop tests will be used in Early Learning and Primary School. Antigen self-tests will be used in the Secondary School.
Current COVID infection rates in Bonn and Germany as a whole are quite low. To keep an eye on these rates of infection and applicable rules for travel and entering Germany, please consult the following sources:
- City of Bonn (English): COVID Updates
- State of NRW Ministry for Education (German): COVID and Schools
- German Federal Ministry for Health (German): Frequently Asked Questions
- Robert Koch Institute: Daily Updates for Germany and the World in English and German
- World Health Organization (English): Corona Virus Information and Advice
Information and Campus Visits
Questions? Need more information?
Our Admissions Team is available Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 16:00 throughout the summer holidays.
Email our Admissions Office or call under (0049) 228 308 54 151 to get in touch with Franziska and Jana.