Following guidelines set by city and state educational authorities, BIS returned to school on Tuesday, 25 August -- to our great joy and relief. We begin this school year with a total of 700 students from 80 countries. 115 new students have joined us this year, in line with previous years, despite COVID-19 travel restrictions and uncertainties.
We have an array of protocols in place to minimize the risk of student and staff exposure to COVID-19, from staggered entry times and compulsory masks to designated lunch seating and one-way hallways. At the same time, our goal is to imbue our students with the same sense of purpose, security and fun they know from BIS and which so often infuses their learning. In many ways, this year's "new normal" looks much like last year's school day:
- Classes run on a regular timetable and with full course offerings.
- School trips within Germany are scheduled.
- Our Extracurricular Programme, with sports and a range of after school activities, is available to students of all ages.
- Our cafeteria provides hot lunches and light fare before school.
- After school care until 18:00 is available every school day.
- Our larger community events have been cancelled, so we are going online to create new ones.
Our Leadership Team will continue to carefully monitoring COVID-19 developments and applicable school regulations and adjust our programmes as needed. For now, we are happy to be back!
Parent and Staff Information: Information detailing the specifics of school resumption in each section of the school can be found in the community login section of the website.
Virtual Information Sessions
Curious to learn more about our school? Join us for BIS Live!, a series of nine online information sessions designed to provide in-depth insight into our educational programmes and the philiopshy behind them. Interested families may join us for as many sessions as they like, from anywhere they choose.
For a listing of BIS Live! topics and dates, consult our Meet & Experience page.
On Campus Visit
We still gladly welcome visitors to campus. However, given current circumstances and in line with regulations set by German authorities, we must visitors to **:
- Obtain approval for their visit in advance of arriving on campus.
- Enter school campus via the Waves building, Martin-Luther-King-Str. 14.
- Sign in at Reception so that we may maintain a record of all persons on campus. Records wil be stored for four weeks.
- Enter wearing a mask and keep the mask on for the duration of your visit.
- Sanitize hands upon entry.
- Comply with social distancing requirements.
** Please note adjustments may be made to these procedures throughout the year as mandated by public health authorities.
- City of Bonn (English): COVID Updates
- State of NRW Ministry for Education (German): COVID and Schools
- German Federal Ministry for Health (German): Frequently Asked Questions
- Robert Koch Institute: Daily Updates for Germany and the World in English and German
- World Health Organization (English): Corona Virus Information and Advice