- Media Centre
The Media Centre is at the heart of school life
The BIS Media Centre is the school’s academic hub that provides resources for a diversity of learning needs and styles. It maintains a dynamic, internationally minded, relevant collection of books and multi-media. The collection provides materials to implement, support and enhance classroom instruction. It offers a broad range of current, interesting, challenging and age-appropriate materials that present diverse points of view, in order to help students develop into critical, inquiring thinkers.
Supporting the IB curriculum, the Media Centre strives to develop as a state-of-the-art facility with authoritative, high-quality electronic resources and superior print and audiovisual collections. The Media Centre is critical to learning at all ages at BIS.
- The Media Centre contains ca. 24,000 volumes.
- It has a large number of periodicals, including academic journals, newspapers, news magazines, magazines for young children and teenagers as well as general interest magazines.
- It subscribes to several scholarly databases for Secondary and Primary students, giving access to academic articles.
- The Media Centre is managed by two full-time, highly qualified librarians, with two library assistants.
- The library has 6 computers for Primary students and 8 computers for Secondary students (who are also encouraged to bring their own laptops) as well as an AVI Room with 7 computers open for use by both Primary and Secondary students.
- The Media Centre is open during the week from 8:00–17:00.
Primary students come to the Media Centre once a week for fixed library sessions. They are also encouraged to come on their own to browse through the collection and borrow books. Secondary students come to the Media Centre either as a class for book talks or for research purposes. As with Primary students, Secondary students are encouraged to read for pleasure as well and borrow from the Media Centre for this reason.
Parents are also welcome to borrow from the parent corner, the regular collection, or even dvds or power tools on the weekends.
Media Centre requests
If you wish that our Media Centre had specific resources (please also indicate your preference: print or electronic) or have some suggestions for improvement please use this form.
All requests that meet LMC criteria and budget will be considered.