At BIS we inspire excellence in the learning of each student and in the teaching of each faculty member. Our students receive an academically rigorous education and we challenge each to achieve her or his personal best. Our well-resourced learning environment supports and is responsive to a wide range of individual needs and backgrounds.
To ensure our students develop the cognitive processing and real-life skill sets needed in a rapidly-changing world, BIS implements the educational framework of the the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB). The relevance and rigour of IB programmes is internationally recognized and based on best practice around the globe.
As an IB World School, BIS is fully authorized to provide the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). Each of the three IB programmes are unique yet share common features. These include:
- academic achievement across a broad and balanced range of knowledge disciplines, including languages, humanities, science and technology, mathematics and the arts
- growth of intercultural mindsets and educational cultures across the world
- importance of language acquisition and development
- emphasis on transdisciplinary learning
- focus on the development of skills for learning, which culminate in study of the Theory of Knowledge in the Diploma Programme
- provides students with opportunities for individual and collaborative planning and research
- a community service component requiring action and reflection