Primary School Procedures
Parents in Early Learning – Grade 3 must order all hot meals in advance. This procedure is also encouraged for students in Grades 4 - 5, even though these students may purchase a meal, snack, salad or soup using money loaded on to their ID cards.
The cost of the set pre-ordered meals in the Early Learning and Primary School is €3,80.
If the meal is ordered on the morning of the same day, or purchased via card at lunchtime the cost is €4,00.
For this price, students are able to choose between three daily menus, one of which will always be vegetarian. In addition to the main component and a choice of side dishes, students in EL and Primary will also receive a salad, small desert and a drink of either water or milk.
All Primary School children should be registered with Rent a Cook and have completed a Sepa Debit mandate. This mandate allows parents to register online and pay by standing order.
STEP 1: How to register your child
Registration forms need to be completed separately for each individual child. The “SEPA Direct Debit” form must be returned by email (scanned or photo of forms), fax or post to Rent a Cook. You can also return completed forms to our staff in the Cafeteria.
Upon receipt and processing of these forms, you will receive a confirmation of registration with your customer data and your online access password (customer number - Kundennummer and PIN) by email. Parents may register their child(ren) at any time, even during the course of the current school year.
STEP 2: How to order meals
1. Go to the Online Order Link - Primary School
2. Enter the User Name and Password sent to you from Rent-a-Cook via email. Select Login. Due to data protection, you will need to click on 'login' again on the next page above the red warning triangle.
3. Please now select the Calendar Week for which you wish to order you child's meal. This selector can be found in the top left corner of your screen.
4. In the 'BIS - Student table' direct your mouse to the blue pen icon and click this
5. Select from the menu options under each day of the week. If you wish to only order on specific days, please choose from the menu options on that day. Then click on 'Change' to save your selection.
6. If you wish to order meals for other weeks, please choose these (one at a time) from the 'Calendar week' and select from the meals on offer.
7. Once you have finished ordering, log out. You will find this link option in the middle of the page in blue.
Collection by Direct Debit:
For Rent-a-Cook to debit money from family accounts, parents need to authorize a SEPA direct debit mandate. Rent-a-Cook will then debit the amount due for the month in question from the given account at the beginning of the following month.
As per the SEPA terms and conditions, parents will receive advance information about the amount and debit date by email 5 days in advance. Parents are kindly asked to enter their full email address in the “Registration for Meals” form so that Rent-a-Cook can contact you. If parental mandate data changes, please send a new SEPA mandate as per the current SEPA terms and conditions.
Contact, Advice and Information
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Rent-a-Cook directly.
Your Rent a Cook contact is Sarah Reinartz:
Address: Rent-a-Cook, Martin Luther King Strasse 14, 53175 Bonn
Telephone: +49 (0) 228 308 54610, or leave a message at +49 (0) 179 7422 838
Office hours: Mondays – Fridays, 9:00 – 12:00