- Media Centre
You can apply to join Bonn International School at any time during the year. Although it is not always possible to guarantee immediate entry, we will inform you when your child can join us. We do accept students for enrolment during the school year, provided space is available. Please do not hesitate to contact our admissions team Marcia Wrighton or Jana Jazic with any questions you may have.
The following admission requirements and grade placements guide admission:
- Early Learning 3 students must be 3 years of age before they start and must be toilet trained
- Early Learning 4 students must be 4 years of age before they start and must be toilet trained
- Early Learning 5 students must be 5 years of age by 1 September
- Grade 1 students must be 6 years of age by 1 September
- Grade 2 through Grade 12 students are placed in a grade compatible with their age (using 1 September as a cut-off date guideline) and on evidence of successful completion of the preceding grade
To apply for admission to BIS, please read and complete ALL the relevant APPLICATION FORMS either online or on hard-copy in clear handwriting. Please note all forms have to be printed and signed prior to posting:
- BIS School Agreement - Please email our Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy. This needs to be completed and signed by both parents/guardians and ORIGINAL copy sent to the school.
- School Recommendation Forms - (please note there are separate forms for: Early Learning to Grade 1; Grade 2 to Grade 5; Grade 6 to Grade 12) to be completed by current school and forwarded directly to the Admissions Office at Bonn International School. These forms are strictly confidential.
- Admissions Language Profile
- Student Support Services Form - to be completed by parent or guardian and returned with application forms.
- Previous School Reports - copies of school reports from the previous two years, including the most recent, are required at the time of application. All reports must be translated into English. Reports for Grade 9 and upwards must be translated by an official translator. Failure to submit reports will delay the application process.
- Passport - copy of applicant’s passport is required at the time of application.
- Registration Fee - for details of the Registration Fee, please refer to the School Fees sheet or contact the Admissions Office. This one-time fee is payable upon submission of the application and receipt of the corresponding invoice. If the student is not accepted for admission to the school, the Registration Fee will be refunded in full. No refund is made if the application is withdrawn for any other reason.
All of the above-mentioned forms, with the exception of the Grade Specific Confidential School Recommendation Form, should be sent to the Admissions Office to process your application. The completed Grade Specific Confidential School Recommendation Form should be sent directly from the previous school to our Admissions Office.
Submission of an application does not mean that the student has been accepted. Once BIS has received a complete application, we will contact you to let you know the status of the application. BIS will begin offering places for a new school year at the end of the month of March. Mid-year applications will be dealt with immediately.
Interviews and Visits
We interview all families as part of the enrolment process. We recognise the pressure on families in preparing their move to the greater Bonn/Cologne area and will schedule interviews at mutually convenient times.
The visit will provide an excellent overview of the school’s programmes and facilities and is an opportunity to have questions answered. Selecting the right school for your child is important, so come and meet us and make an informed decision. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ms Marcia Wrighton & Ms Jana Jazic
Tel.: +49 228 308 54 151
Fax: +49 228 308 54 304
BIS School Agreement
Please contact our Admissions Manager Marcia Wrighton for a copy.